Thursday, March 15, 2007

CI Switch-On Video

This is the video that everyone in my family would like to watch over and over again, especially Anasooya when she grows up and be able to judge what we have done to her!
Though this is not a quintessential activation video, this has great significance in our lives which I would never be able to explain in words. Most of our Switch-On experience is described in my earlier post and I am not repeating it here, though I would really love to add many posts that speak volumes on the switch-on.

Below is the video that I uploaded to Vimeo. I think it is very heavy(50MB) although I compressed it to mpeg from the original avi format(400MB). In case if you feel any difficulty in downloading/viewing the video please drop a comment so that I can think of other options. Alternatively, if you think you know of better options in terms of video compression/hosting the video then those thoughts are welcome too.
Here we go!!!

Anna's activation video on Vimeo
This is just a small part of the activation process and one wouldn't see a great deal of the audiologist talking to Anasooya or her parents. I was just lucky enough to capture the switch-on part. Had I planned it well in advance, I could have shot a better video :-(. Let me just list down a series of (lame) excuses as to why this video may not be living upto the descriptions I have given so far about this ;-).
I wasn't in a great position to shoot this video, nor was the room well-lit.
This video is not captured using a regular video camera.
I used my favorite Canon Powershot S2 IS in video mode. Well, that cam is my favorite as I haven't handled any SLR yet. Almost all the pictures that you see here in this blog owes to the incredible technical perfection of S2 IS. Nevertheless, the photos in my first blog post were taken using an Olympus Camedia C70 - my first cam that gives awesome picture quality.
Anna and Ditto

2 comments:

Nishant said...

Great video. It is really wonderful to see the kid react to an all new stimulus. God bless her.

P said...

:-) Thanks Nishant!

It's 8 months since the activation and she's learning very fast, almost at the rate of 1 new word a day...
The best thing is that she keeps practising those new words until they are perfect. One good example is "Appooppa"(Malayalam for Grandpa). She started from just 'pa'. Well, it's true every kid would have started like that, but in that case we are very sure that the kid would finally pronounce it correctly. This is the small-big difference :-).
Thanks Again!!!